STILLWATER —- No. 3 Oklahoma State women’s golf is set to continue its fall portion of the season this weekend when it travels to Norman for the Schooner Fall Classic. The 15-team tournament opens Sunday with 36 holes of action before concluding Monday with one 18-hole round at the Belmar Golf Club.
Oklahoma, Baylor, Florida State, Illinois, Iowa State, Houston, Kansas State, North Texas, SMU, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas State, Tulsa and UTSA are set to join the Cowgirls at the par-70, 6,109-yard layout.
Action is scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday and 8:30 a.m. on Monday. Official tee times, as well as scores, will be available on golfstat.com.
HOW TO WATCH AND FOLLOW
- Monday’s final two holes will be broadcast on Bally Sports Southwest on Wednesday at 3 p.m. CT. That footage will be live streamed on Monday afternoon. Score updates will be provided on golfstat.com and the team’s social media accounts as they become available.
LAST TIME OUT
- Oklahoma State women’s golf dominated the field on its way to the lowest 54-hole total in school history on Sept. 14 at the Wildhorse Golf Club in the Sam Golden Invitational. OSU shot a 17-under 271 in the final round at the par-72, 6,288-yard course on its way to team tournament title No. 100 for the program.
- The Cowgirls finished the tournament 36-under as a team, 13 strokes ahead of Texas Tech in second and 15 strokes better than TCU in third place.
- Isabella Fierro rounded out the individual top-5 leaderboard after she shot a 1-under 71 in the final round to finish the week at 10-under.
- The Cowgirl lineup this weekend in Norman will include Isabella Fierro, Caley McGinty, Maddison Hinson-Tolchard, Clemence Martin and Rina Tatematsu. Han-Hsuan Yu will be joining the starting five and play as an individual.
- The Oklahoma State lineup in Norman will feature two honorable mention All-American returners from last season’s squad in Fierro and Tatematsu. The duo will be joined by McGinty, a Kent State transfer and a two-time All-American. She was also notably the 2021 Mid-America Conference Golfer of the Year.
- Alongside the trio of All-Americans will be Hinson-Tolchard, who was notably substituted into the OSU lineup after two rounds at the NCAA Stanford Regional and helped the Orange and Black advance thanks to steady rounds of 74 and 71.
- Martin, a Paris native, will round out the Cowgirl lineup. Martin was the winner of the 2019 French Ladies Amateur Championship and later represented her country at the European Girls’ Team Championship.
Oklahoma State is coming off one of the best seasons in school history, which included the program’s 24th conference title and its first trip to the NCAA Championship title match. OSU notably swept the Big 12 Player, Freshman and Coach of the Year awards and placed three Cowgirls on All-America rosters.
For more information on the Cowgirls, continue to check back with okstate.com.